Monday, April 18, 2011

There's This Guy...

We always get the strangest questions and comments from Elina after church on Sundays. Here were last weekend's comments--

1. This Guy
Elina: Mommy, there's this guy...he tries to tell us that Easter is about bunnies and eggs...and that it's not about Jesus.

Me: Uh-huh....

Elina: And this guy...he also tells us that Christmas is about Santa...and that it's not about Jesus, too.

Me: Uh-huh...

Elina: Do you know this guy? What's his name again?

Me: Satan?

Elina: Yeah....Satan. That guy.

I thought it was so funny that she was talking about Satan like he was some kid in her class. Hilarious!

2. Heaven
Elina: Mommy, if God is so good, why does he want to make us get old and die?

Me: Elina, do you remember where we go after we die?

Elina: Yeah, heaven.

Me: It's going to be great up there because we get to be with God.

Elina: But, Mom, I don't want to be walking around all bones and stuff!

This led into a whole conversation about how Heaven is not filled with walking skeletons. I just couldn't believe that that's what she pictured in her head...skeletons walking around Heaven. I wouldn't want to go there either! Poor girl. In the end, I got her to forget about dying because she said that she wants to fly up to Heaven. One of her dreams is to fly, so she's pretty excited now. I just let her believe that everyone's flying up there...it's better than walking skeletons, right? Plus, she informed me that everyone must know how to fly up there because if you stood up on clouds you would fall right through. Ahhhh, silly me!

So, as you can see, Sundays are super-fun! But honestly, I'm glad she's asking all these questions. She's always excited to learn about God, so I'm glad she can ask questions too.

No comments: