Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Parties Galore

This past week was filled with LOTS of Easter Parties.

We started the week off with Eli's music class party. I was sad to miss it because I had to take Evie to the doctor for her fever. Luckily, J attended and got some cute pics and videos. The theme for the month has been Fiesta and weather, so I led the body movement section with lots of silly, fun songs. This is kind of a bummer in ways because I can never get videos of what Eli is doing. One really fun song that I chose was "Tooty Ta." Kids have to listen to the instructions and do all these silly poses while singing, "A tooty ta, a tooty ta, a tooty ta ta." I love it and so do the kids! But since I wasn't there, RT was nice enough to cover for me. (For some reason, J wasn't interested in leading my section! Weird!)
Here's Eli performing "Tooty Ta"--



After the music section, the kids had an egg hunt. Eli has been so excited about egg hunts this year. He just loves opening eggs and discovering the presents inside. In this video, he is so excited he can hardly contain himself...his legs can't stop moving...



In this video, he can't believe that tootsie rolls come in different colors!



Then on Thursday we had Elina's class Easter Party at Hardberger Park. The party was pretty laid-back because the kids mainly just played on the play structures. They had an egg hunt for the kids and Eli was so so so so sad that he couldn't do it with the older kids. The parents in charge of the party had found 12 different sets of eggs so that each child had to search for eggs of a specific color, pattern or texture. For example, Elina's eggs were all shiny eggs, while another kid's eggs were all plain green. I had brought extra eggs and Eli's basket for him to do his own hunt, but I had to wait until all the older kids were finished. The whole time the older kids were hunting for eggs, Eli stood on the sidelines bawling and saying, "I don't want to see anyone." Poor boy! He didn't want to hunt for eggs with Elina either. It was pretty sad to watch. But then during his own private hunt he cheered up.
On Friday we had a neighborhood Easter Party hosted by my next-door neighbor. For a while now, my 2 next-door neighbors and I have shared one big yard because we've all taken down a few slats in our fences. It's nice since we all have different things to offer in our backyards. Well, there were lots of kids attending the party, so the kids had to be split up into 3 age groups and split up into our 3 yards. The 4 and younger kids were in my backyard and their party was led by RT. Elina wanted to join our group, so she ended up staying with Eli. RT did a great job at the party. She's such a great teacher, especially for younger kids. She had books, games, coloring, and face painting for the kids. As you can tell from the collage, Eli did not like the feeling of the face paint drying on his face. I had to wipe it off for him. Then we ended it with an egg hunt. It was lots of fun.


During the party, RT had the kids do different things in order to get their eggs. Sometimes they had to walk slowly like a turtle...sometimes they had to waddle. In this video, they had to hop like a frog....but Elina is definitely a quick hoppin' frog! I love that one of the dads was a good sport and showed the kids how to hop.



As you can tell, we definitely had a party-filled week!

No comments: