This week is really busy for Elina because they're celebrating Fiesta and Week of the Young Child. Monday was Crazy Hair Day and Elina was not excited about it. Sometimes she is so into order and normalcy that she forgets that it's ok to be crazy once in awhile. She made sure that I knew she didn't like the crazy hair. I didn't even make it that crazy though. I just put 6 ponytails in her hair and tied ribbons around each one. Even though it was a "mild" version of crazy, she was still worried. I kept reassuring her that everyone was going to do it. Mrs. V said that she was covering her hair during the morning, but then she forgot about it.


The next day was Silly Hat Day. Elina was lucky we didn't really have a silly hat, so she chose a tiara (of course). She was definitely more ok with Silly Hat Day than Crazy Hair Day.

Then Elina had to make a Fiesta shoebox float for the float parade today. Of course Elina chose a mouse theme, so we incorporated her Calico Critters mice into the float. This was a great family project this past weekend and we all had fun working on it.

There were lots of fun floats...origami, dinosaurs, Legos. Some people really made it Fiesta-like with big flowers and bright colors.

After the parade, the 1st grade class performed a Fiesta dance. Then they invited people to come out and dance with them. Elina was so shy about dancing. I think she thought the dance made her look silly, so she didn't want to do it. I really wish she'd let loose a little, but I guess that's just her personality. It's ok because it's who she is. Trust us, she
definitely has fun in other crazy ways. =)

What a fun week so far, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment