The artwork the kids produced was amazing. Each child could give their artwork their own titles and some of the titles were so funny. Below is Elina's painting based on Wassily Kandinsky. The kids listened to music and they had to paint what they felt. Elina's is the top left rainbow with butterflies. The title of her painting is "Beautiful Rainbow Heart Love." It's such a funny title because it sounds so Asian. When I say "Asian" I mean it sounds like the way Asians can misuse the English language. You'll have to check out this website in order to fully understand what I mean.
Here are some of the highlights from the show.
Here is Elina's Frida Kahlo. Her's is the one with the pink paper. She drew a self-portrait and then glued her favorite things around her portrait. Of course there's a mouse on there!
Below is Elina's Picasso that she calls "Blue, Purple, White Painting."
Here's her William Blake (the top light blue one) called "Heart in the Dark with Pretty Stars."
This is based on John Constable entitled "Trees with Flowers."
On the left is her Van Gogh entitled "Swirly Night with Towers" and on the right is her Henri Matisse called "Big Swirly Snail."
One of my faves was Elina's painting based on Seurat. The teachers had the kids pose like they were holding umbrellas in the rain and they used pointillism to paint the tops of the umbrella. In Elina's picture, she's holding her hand out like she's touching the rain. It's so cute! (Sorry the picture isn't that great, but it was the only shot I got of it. And her Seurat wasn't in the portfolio she brought home today, so I have to just use what I have right now.)
In the collage below, I love that in the picture on the left Eli looks like he's an old Asian man listening to what Elina has to say about her artwork. On the right is Elina's mobile based on the sculptor Alexander Calder.
Great job, Elina! We are so proud of our little artist!
Here is Elina's Frida Kahlo. Her's is the one with the pink paper. She drew a self-portrait and then glued her favorite things around her portrait. Of course there's a mouse on there!
Great job, Elina! We are so proud of our little artist!
1 comment:
That kid has talent! What a fun idea!
Post a Comment