So began my search to find a pediatric dentist that I love. Since we will be visiting the office quite often, I figured I should really love this person. The pediatric dentist we were previously going to was good. She didn't "wow" me or anything. I didn't think she was particularly great with children...she was just fine. She never really explained much to me unless I asked questions, but I didn't think anything of it.
Then I did some research to find a better pediatric dentist...that's when I found Dr. Bob. He is absolutely wonderful! He's totally corny because he dresses up in a different kids' costume every day and he wears this funny red-necky visor that has fake, highlighted, spiky hair on the top of it. His staff is really nice and they do lots of different things during your visits. First they
But honestly, the thing I loved the most was how much time Dr. Bob spent with us. He's awesome with both the kids and the parents. He explained everything to me...the xrays, her exam, her adult teeth. It was all stuff I had never heard before.
Of course no visit is complete without mentioning cavities. It turned out that Elina had 2 cavities between her top molars. The dentist said that it was probably due to imperfect enamel on her baby teeth since Elina doesn't drink soda or juice and she doesn't eat lots of candy.
Yesterday we went in for Elina's fillings and the dentist found one more cavity on the top between some molars. Yikes! Elina didn't particularly enjoy the whole experience of
At the end, though, Elina got to pick some cool prizes from the treasure box...a glittery bracelet, a butterfly ring, and some cupcake lip gloss. A pretty good ending to another dentist visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment