Saturday, April 9, 2011

Family Ice Skating

Last weekend B's work had a special family event--ice skating! The kids were super excited about this. Elina has been begging to go back for a long time now and Eli was just copying Elina's level of excitement (because that's what he does). This time I could get out on the ice because I wasn't pregnant and because J and my parents were nice enough to stay home to keep Evie company. I'm definitely not a good skater or anything, but I can take pictures while I skate, so that's not too bad, right?Elina had a blast! She actually remembered how to do it, so she could skate on her own for the majority of the time. She was so proud of herself and we were proud of her, too. We're thinking we might get her some lessons one day.
Eli had lots of trouble, but that was to be expected since it was his first time...and he's only 3. His whole body was stiff almost the entire time we were there because he was so nervous. But he still managed to have lots of fun. He tried to use the cones to skate, but that didn't work out too well for him because he's so small.
After awhile he got tired so B just skated with him in his arms. I must admit that I was impressed that B could do that. They were doing little routines out on the ice. It was cute.
We had such a fun time ice skating and we'll definitely be back again!

No comments: