Anyway, I learned a few things on this trip.
1. Picking strawberries is a lot harder than you'd think. You're constantly squatting down to search for strawberries. I think what made it even tougher for me was that I wore Eli in a front carrier. So that made it a little awkward and added weight to my squats. Needless to say, I was sore the next day. Am I out of shape or what??
2. My daughter does not know how to pick strawberries without squeezing them to death. When I told her to yank harder to get the strawberry off the vine, she would squeeze the berry harder and end up with red juice on her little hands. So we left a path of squished strawberries on the vines out there. (Don't tell!)
3. Kids definitely enjoy eating strawberries more than picking them! Not even halfway through our visit, Elina and L were just gobbling up strawberries left and right. Elina kept picking them off the vine and eating them. I kept telling her, "Last one." Usually she listens well when I say that, but these strawberries were too yummy for her to even pay any attention to me. Oh well.
Overall, it was a wonderful outing and we can't wait to go back to pick peaches during the summer! (Personally, I'm excited about peach picking because there is no squatting involved.)
No comments:
Post a Comment