Monday, May 19, 2008

A Perfect Meal with 3 Kids?

My friend F was visiting from Portland for the past week and boy, did we eat a lot of food! I'm ashamed to say that I didn't cook one dinner. Instead of cooking, we opted to go out to eat and to get take-out. Sadly, F doesn't have access to yummy bbq and amazing Mexican food, so we just HAD to eat out.

Oddly enough, our perfect meal out was with all the kids (an almost 3 year old, a 10 month old, and a 5 month old) at Acenar on the Riverwalk. We love this place because the it's not in a busy part of the Riverwalk and the outdoor seating is very spacious. As long as you sit outside, we think it's a great place for kids of all ages.

At Acenar, we sat outside on a beautiful evening. It was breezy and shady...just perfect.

Then to make things even better, the food was delicious. Everything was delicious. I don't know about you, but it's been a long time since EVERYTHING was delicious. We ordered the tableside guacamole, oyster tacos, duck crepes, fish tacos, and a tres leches cake. The food was dreamy!

I mean, check out this pic of the yummy oyster tacos! I'm sure a lot of you are thinking that oyster tacos sound strange, but trust me, they are to die for!
It was a really great night out. No meltdowns, no crying babies...just perfect weather, perfect food, and wonderful company.

No comments: