Today was awesome because we had our first official PJ Day. Before the summer started I had declared that we would have a PJ Day once a week...but so far it hasn't happened! The first week of summer, Elina got pink-eye and then last week we had a few medical appointments in the morning, so we could never really stay at home in our PJs.
Today was finally the first day we had absolutely nothing planned...and man, it was heaven! It was perfect because I had trouble sleeping last night and only slept 3 hours. So after breakfast, I just laid in bed with all the kids. Then I put Evie on the floor and I kinda nodded off a little. I didn't really fall asleep because the kids were jumping on the bed and talking to me, but I had my eyes shut. Then Elina came up to me and said, "So PJ Day means you're going to sleep and not take care of us?" I just looked at Elina and jokingly said, "I wish."
We really had so much fun today hanging around the house. We played a few games, read books on my bed, played with the water table, painted with water and ice on the deck, built forts, and had "restaurant night." Elina loved creating the menu (drawing all the food items), seating everyone, and writing down all the orders. She named her restaurant Pastalishis ('pastalicious'). Cute, right? I think I might have to designate a restaurant night once a week because we had so much fun!
I hope PJ Day really comes once a week this summer because we sure had a ton of fun! Yay for PJ Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment