This past Saturday was a day of random, Groupon events. I admit that I probably purchase way too many Groupons for my own good. I always think, "I've been wanting to eat there!" or, "I could totally take the kids there!" Well, this past Saturday I was so excited because we managed to use up 2 of our Groupons in 1 day! Score!
We were meeting with some friends for our kids to play (Elina's old friend, D), so we decided to go to Dinosaur Quest at the Rivercenter Mall. Honestly, who knew a dinosaur museum would be located in the mall?? The admission prices ($12/adult on weekends) are pretty steep, so I've always been hesitant about trying this place out. With the Groupon, we all got in for $6/person so I thought it was definitely worth it. The museum was small and didn't have dinosaurs that are as popular, but it was a good way to spend an hour. The kids are still WAY into dinosaurs and this week in "summer school" my lesson was about dinosaurs so this was a nice reinforcing field trip. The kids thought it was a cool place, but they actually enjoyed the 5 minute T-Rex movie that played inside more than the actual skeletons. Oh well....typical.
Afterwards, we enjoyed a nice lunch at Panera with our friends (sadly, no Groupon for this part of our day). D's baby sister is just a few days younger than Evie, so we love getting them together. These girls don't know it yet, but they will be good friends later in life!
After lunch, Elina and B went off on their Father-Daughter date to paint some pottery. I had purchased a Groupon for this a few months ago, so I was excited for them to go use it! They both had a great time. Elina was even sweet enough to paint Eli a dinosaur. She also painted a heart, some cherries, and a few other things. I was a little sad that this was the first year she didn't paint a coaster though. She said that there were no coasters there. Bummer. As long as they had a fun time together, I don't need another coaster, right? =)
What a great Groupon day!
No comments:
Post a Comment