On Friday night I took Elina and Eli to see a play. It was a puppet show/play based on The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka. For those of you who don't know, this is a book told from the perspective of the wolf. According to him, he just wanted to borrow some sugar from his pig neighbors and he also happened to have a cold. He says that it was his sneezing that knocked their houses down. I wasn't sure how it would go over with the kids (because they are kinda sorta scaredy cats), but I figured I would give it a try. Plus, I thought it would be a nice date with the kids (since B stayed home with Evie).
The show was really funny and the kids enjoyed themselves. Some parts were kind of loud...like when the wolf sneezed, so halfway through the show Eli ran to sit on my lap. He also looked away during some of it. Later I asked him if he had been scared of the wolf and he denied everything! Ha! Elina thought it was a really funny show. She said that she read it a few times in class so she knew he would be sneezing a lot. We all had a wonderful time and the kids thought it was so special to be out after dinner with just their mom. What a great night!
Then on Saturday, J and I headed to our local grocery store for the Top Chef National Tour stop. At each stop this year, 2 former Top Chef contestants compete in a quickfire while answering questions from the host and the audience. J and I love Top Chef, so we had to go...but what was even better was that one of the contestants on our stop was Dale Talde from Season 4 and from All-Stars. Yay!

The event took place outside under a few tents and at the Top Chef mobile kitchen. We arrived an hour early and were number 56 in line, so we didn't make it in to sit down for the first show. Instead, we just stood at the perimeter and watched the competition. We didn't get to taste the food, but we enjoyed ourselves. The former contestants told funny stories...we got to see them cook...and J got a picture with Dale! We decided we didn't need to wait around to try to get into the next show so we left. But it was a wonderful way to spend a morning! We'll definitely be back next year if they stop here again.
This was a fun, eventful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment