This year I helped the kids make this little book for B. On each page the kids drew pictures and wrote sentences about things they love about daddy. This project took us a few days because Eli will only draw one picture at a time. After one picture, he says, "I all done" and he doesn't look back. No form of bribery will get him to sit back down to draw something else. Luckily, each kid only had to draw 2 pictures. Then I had Elina decorate the cover and write the intro and final page.
The book turned out pretty adorable.
Here are 5 reasons (out of many) that B is a great dad to the kids--
1. He is always willing to attend any crazy, crowded kiddie outing that I come up with on the weekends. I know he would rather be relaxing at home when he has days off, but he is always up for anything that the kids will enjoy.
2. He doesn't mind looking like a fool for the sake of our themed Halloween costumes. I mean, who else would go trick-or-treating wearing a box...while inhaling the toxic fumes coming from the freshly spray-painted box?
3. He loves to take the kids camping. I think his laidback nature makes camping more fun for the kids. I would be a little more obsessive about the bathrooms and stuff like that. Camping with daddy is definitely more relaxing and fun.
4. He is very patient when he helps Elina practice the piano. With taking care of house stuff and running around with the kids, I have to admit that my patience can run thin when it's time to teach Elina piano. Bogie, on the other hand, seems to have an unending amount of patience. Thank God for that!
5. He is able to overlook how messy our house is. When the kids play with everything and the house is a disaster zone, I can feel my blood pressure rise. Then I feel the need to try to put everything back in its place before I go to bed. B could go for days stepping over the same toys. He just doesn't notice and doesn't care. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but in the long run I think it's a good thing.
Elina and B are going on their Father-Daughter Father's Day date this weekend to paint pottery. We had to postpone since we were worn out from the coast the day before Father's Day. Elina absolutely cannot wait to go on her date!
Thanks for being a wonderful father, B. We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment