Evie definitely enjoys books more nowadays...however, she is very adamant about what she likes and what she doesn't like. She really enjoys the reading nook, as you can tell from the picture below.
She also uses the reading nook for jammin' out. We have the CD player there (for audio books) but the kids also put music CDs in and Evie knows how to play the CDs, too. Her fave song right now is "I'm Different" and here she is boppin' along to the song. She also does a funny laugh, too. It's a cute video.
She definitely isn't walking independently yet. All of our babies have been lazy and wait until the 15 month mark to do anything like that...which is certainly fine by us because once she starts walking it will only mean more work for us! For now, she likes to push around the walker and laundry baskets.
She LOVES to climb up the stairs. She started doing this shortly after she turned 1 and it has been a nightmare. We are too lazy to install a gate and she absolutely loves to sneak up the stairs, so it has been a losing battle for us. I don't mind that she climbs up, but I DO mind that she loves to pause on the stairs and then look behind herself. This can lead to potential falls...and actually she fell down the stairs not too long ago. I think I lost a year of my life because I saw it happen in slow-motion...I screamed out to B and he ran to her and caught her before she landed on the very last step. She didn't cry for long so I know she wasn't too hurt, but still...scary.
She is an absolute snuggle monster when it comes to soft, squishy, and/or fluffy things. The minute she sees a pillow on the floor, she's all over it. When I try to fold the sheets on the carpet, she quickly crawls over and lays down on the sheet. It's really cute, but I get absolutely nothing done.
She has learned about hair accessories from her older sister. She always tries to put hairclips, rubber bands, and headbands in her hair.
Evie is really good at eating. She eats bananas by herself and she likes to use utensils...although she's not so good at poking things with her fork. It usually goes like this--she hands us her fork, we poke her food, she takes the fork back, and puts the food into her mouth, then she hands us the fork again, and so on.
Evie is in that stage where she loves to copy everything. In this video, she's copying J's roaring sounds. Evie knows that certain animals roar...she'll usually do it if she sees a lion or a dinosaur.
She also learned how to make noises with her lips by moving her fingers up and down her lips. (Trust me, it's a big deal. Hahaha.)
She also gives high fives. If she even hears the number "five" she will raise up her hand to give a high five. It's really funny.
Evie's just a fun-loving baby. Don't get me wrong though, she is definitely more stubborn in her ways, but she's generally very happy and laughs easily. Ever since she turned 1 she is more playful and understands HOW to play with her toys better. She can stack rings and blocks. It's amazing how those skills just develop suddenly one day.
We sure love our little Evie!




No comments:
Post a Comment