Friday, April 30, 2010

Straight Shot

Out of all our babies, Evie is definitely the one who is a handful in the diaper department. Since we brought her home from the hospital, she has peed on nearly all of us. Every time we open her diaper we have to be extra careful. It's like she knows we're changing her and she wants to have some fun. The pee isn't so bad...the poop is scary. I've posted about breastmilk poop before when Eli was nursing, but just to review--the good thing about breastmilk poop is that it doesn't stink, the bad part about it is that it's super runny. Sometimes when we're in the middle of changing Evie's diapers, she'll relax and squirt out some poop. So far we've all been lucky enough to block the poop with a wipe if we're "mid-wipe." She's done it so many times now that we've learned to use the old diaper to cover her bum while we get the new diaper ready and we switch out the diapers quickly to avoid any accidents. It was working well until the other day...

I was changing her diaper and did all my prep work to prevent the poop factor, but Evie had another idea in mind. As I lifted her bum to do my quick diaper switch, she shot out poop right onto my jeans and the floor. There was so much poop! It was dripping down my jeans and I could feel the heat of it through my jeans, on my leg! Nasty, nasty stuff. I was screaming and the kids hovered around me, "What happened? Ewwwww! Poop!" I couldn't help but laugh.

I immediately wiped up the baby, changed her diaper, changed my pants, and busted out my BFF, Little Green. Of course my BFF cleaned it all up, but Elina thought it might be nice to capture the moment. I didn't even tell her to take this picture, she just deemed it necessary so that I could post it on the blog. I thought I was already being careful enough with Evie's diaper changes, but I guess I still need to take extra precautions. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude...no more changing baby on carpet. Please mark off the area with masking tape so I'll know not to step there, and more importantly override the five-minute rule if snacking in front of TV.