I had originally thought of possibly doing a surprise party, but, in all honesty, B doesn't really like parties...mainly because he doesn't really enjoy socializing all that much. He's just not into small talk and that sort of thing. It actually can make him quite nervous. And as far as friends go, there is only one friend he considers a "true friend"...and that is JL. JL is the only person on Earth who B keeps in touch with. B is not good at returning phone calls or responding to emails, but he will always call and email JL. I figured the only thing B would really want for his birthday was to spend time with JL. I wanted to fly JL out for B's birthday, but, unfortunately, JL is in med school right now and far too busy at the moment. After much begging and pleading, JL agreed that he would try his best to make it out for a visit this summer. I really hope JL can come...especially now that I'm calling him out publicly in this blog post. I know you're reading this, JL, so you better make it this summer! Or else there will be repercussions! To make my gift even better, I printed a 5X7 picture of JL and B and then I wrote a birthday poem to explain the gift. It's cheesy, but appropriate--
It was hard to come up with a gift just for you
You're turning 30 after all, what's a girl supposed to do?
I mean, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago
I'm tired and cranky, this much you know.
I must admit that a surprise party came to mind,
But it'd force you to socialize and that would be unkind.
Then I thought I'd get you something pricey and neat,
But you have all that you need, finding a gift would be quite a feat.
I knew I had to think of something different, but fun...
So the gift involves your dearest friend...yup, JL is the one!
I'm flying him out for a visit in the summer.
I know the gift will be late and that's a real bummer.
But with school and the move, he's as busy as can be.
I begged and I pleaded and he made this guarantee--
He will try his best to make it out here to celebrate.
Happy 30th birthday, B, and sorry it's a little late!
Aren't they cute together in the picture above? Awwww...
B is barely 30 and has 3 kids under the age of 5...and the amazing thing is, he makes it look easy. With Evie, we've been getting less sleep these days, but B doesn't let the lack of sleep prevent him from helping me out, playing with the kids, and rocking Evie late at night. He doesn't even get crabby or cranky because of the lack of sleep. What a great guy, right? What would we do without you, B? Happy 30th birthday to the most loving, kind, understanding, and patient husband and father! We love you!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to B! Yay! The Coldstone strawberry cake sounds scrumptious... that is my kind of flavor. Nice choice, B! :)
And good gift choice and poetry, W!
man, JL sure sounds & looks like a self-absorbed gomer if I've ever seen one. I hope he knows how lucky he is to have friends at all, let alone ones like you guys, who go to such great efforts just to hang out w/him. And you even took out ad space for him on E&E's special webpage. I'm sure JL isn't so big a putz that he doesn't miss you all very much.
Happy Birthday, Bogie!
Post a Comment