
Can you believe Evie is now a 1 month old baby? Time really flies when you're tired and always do the same thing every day. We celebrated with a homemade 3-layer strawberry cake that I made with the fresh-picked strawberries that my parents, J, Elina, and Eli picked at Marburger Orchard last week. Yum! Of course, she slept through the whole "event," but that was expected.

So, what can Evie do now? Not much, besides eat, poop, sleep, and cry. Actually, she smiles randomly. It's not a social smile yet..probably just gas, but it's still pretty cute.
She can hold her head up a little, but she isn't a fan of tummy time.

Her belly is huge because she has some air trapped in there...so the poor thing has big crying fits at times. She loves to be bounced on the exercise ball and she loves the sound of the bathroom fan. Elina and Eli both loved these things, too.
She loves to
pee on people and she's really great at spitting up. The spit up always seems to end up in her hair, so she takes lots of baths. Luckily, she loves baths. During her first bath she cried a little, but now she enjoys the bath like a spa treatment.
Evie is really sweet when she's awake and calm, which usually occurs earlier in the day. Unfortunately, she seems to enjoy crying a good portion of the day, especially in the evenings.
She loves the attention she gets from her siblings. It's strange because when they hover around her, she seems to calm down. She must feel a connection with them.

Most nights Evie wakes up once during the night, but she still gives us a run for the money on some other nights when she decides to wake up 2 times. I am a complete wreck the next day. On the nights where she wakes up once, I can get in 2 chunks of 3 hour sleep, which is heaven. On the nights where she wakes up twice, I get 3 chunks of 1-2 hours of sleep, which is so painful. It's amazing what one extra hour in a row can do for your sanity. But I know that it could be WAY worse, so I can't complain too much.
All in all, it's been a great (but tiring) first month with our new, little baby!
1 comment:
you know...after reading the "Blowout" post, I'm not so sure that cute little baby belly is full of just gas.
Post a Comment