Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sick Days

Elina caught a little cold this week, so for the past few days we've been staying at home in our pajamas. The mornings are slow-going for Elina because she doesn't feel so hot, so she's been watching some television. Whenever Elina doesn't look/feel well, I tell her that we're having a "sick day." This means we spend lots of time lounging on the couch watching TV. I think she really enjoys our sick days because it involves an excessive amount of TV-watching. Secretly, I enjoy them, too because I can get a lot of things done around the house.

Lately, Elina's gotten really into The Lion King. She's at the point where she's reciting lines and singing the songs. Here is Elina learning to sing "Hakuna Matata"--
[below is a translation for those unfamiliar with the song]
Hakuna Matata, Hakuna Matata
It means no worries,
for the rest of your days...
It's our problem-free
philosophy
Hakuna Matata


In the late afternoon Elina was complaining about a sore throat. All of a sudden she coughed and I guess some phlegm came up into her mouth. I told her to spit it in the trash can. As she walked passed me, she said, "Mommy, it doesn't taste like anything good." Really?

No comments: