Elina's at the age where she can start making her own jokes. She'll say things that totally don't make sense and crack herself up. Or she'll say things in her own made-up language and laugh so hard about it.
One night at dinner, Elina started saying some funny things. I had taught her how to spell her name by using the "Bingo" song (E-L-I-N-A, Elina was her name-o!). Then out of nowhere she sang it like this:
There was a mommy had a girl
Elina was her name-o
E-L-I-N-A, E-L-I-N-A, E-L-I-N-A
Elina was her name-o!
[pause] Fleece was white as snow!
She had added the ending to "Mary Had a Little Lamb" to the song. It was so funny and she was laughing so hard she couldn't speak.
Then sometimes she'll say to me, "Mommy, you go pop-pop." I asked her what it meant and she just answered with more gibberish. So I said, "No, you go pop-pop." And she cracked up so hard! I guess it meant something really funny.
She also thinks it's funny to add "y" onto the end of a word. She'll say, "Should I use my spoony?" And after she says that she'll laugh really hard.
It's been funny listening to Elina's "jokes." Sometimes it's strange what toddlers consider humorous, but we always laugh to encourage her to come up with more jokes. Essentially, we're laughing with her, but we're also laughing because it's just too darn cute!
1 comment:
hahaha dude that was freaking cute!!!!
Post a Comment