Friday, August 15, 2008

Favorite Animals

The other day, I was looking to buy Elina a new coloring book, but I wasn't sure what kind of animals she really liked at the moment. The coloring books had different animal themes: underwater sea life, jungle animals, farm animals, pets, or rainforest animals. I know the animals that Elina likes, but I wasn't sure which was her favorite. She likes lions because of The Lion King. She can point out toucans in a second. And she loves Shamu at Sea World. I was trying to guess which animal she would pick as her favorite, but I really wasn't sure.

Me: Elina, what animal do you like the best?
Elina: Ummmmmm.....well.....
Me: [trying to narrow things down for her] Do you like lions or toucans and snakes or dogs or cows or whales?
Elina: [taking some time to think] I think I like cows better.
Me: [in shock because it's such a "basic" animal] Why?
Elina: Because they have pink butts! [referring to the udder]

That sold me...so I went ahead and bought the boring farm animal coloring book. I wonder if she'll really color the butt in pink when we get the book.

No comments: