For the past week or so, we've had wonderful weather here. By "wonderful" I mean, it's been cloudy, sometimes stormy, and in the low 80s. Since all we get is blistering heat and blinding sunshine, it's been a nice respite. We welcome anything that's different from the hot Texas summer heat--even if it's in the form of thunderstorms and short-lived torrential downpours.
When it pours like this, adults think, "This is such a great excuse to stay indoors and have a lazy day." Kids, on the other hand, think, "This is such a great excuse to get my raincoat and rainboots out so I can splash in puddles and get all dirty, wet, and messy!" That is why when it pours, you can always see crazy kids outside with their crazy parents in tow.
The first time it rained like this Elina wanted to go outside while it was still pouring. We put all her gear on and she and B went into the street and splashed in the water as it was flowing down the street. Of course, I was holding Eli so we stayed on the covered porch. I kept thinking, "Anyone watching this scene must think that we are a bunch of fools!" But then I heard the sound of another child laughing. I looked up the street and Elina's friend, M, was out in the street with her daddy, too. But M was only in a nightgown and she was actually sitting in the street in the middle of the flowing water. It was so funny! Alas, we are not the craziest ones on the block. That's good to know!
So here are some videos of Elina splashing around in the water after the rain on another day. It's not like this puddle is big at all, but she will seriously find any excuse to splash around.
No comments:
Post a Comment