First I took the kids on a school field trip to go letterboxing at a park. We hiked up and down for 2 miles and by the time I got home, I was really pooped to pack anymore.
Then they picked up our POD, which was really neat to watch. If you have never seen what it's like, you should check it out in these videos.
Then we had to finish things up. We had left so many things to the last minute and we really paid for it. It got to the point where we were just throwing random leftover things into boxes to get out of there....at 8pm! It was definitely later than we had planned for. The worst part was that B ended up staying at the house by himself to finish packing his own things up (things that we didn't understand how to pack...like all his electronics and his server). He ended up packing by himself at the house until 3am, slept on the floor until 6am, and then woke up to finish up some more. Poor guy! I think he truly underestimated how much time everything would take to pack up...even with all my incessant nagging. Oh well...live and learn.
For the kids, my mom, my sis (Auntie A), and me, we drove up to Austin to stay with J. Eli and Evie both passed out on the way since it was so late. The next day, we all took a day of rest. Auntie A, my mom, and I had been packing for almost an entire week for 10 hours a day and we were exhausted. It was nice to finally be away from it all and have nothing to do. We just slept in, took naps, let the kids watch tv, and lounged around in pjs. It was a truly awesome day!
B finally arrived in the late afternoon from San Antonio and he was glad to be done with it all, too.
Here are the kids in their fully-decorated rooms for the last time before I started packing the rooms up.
Definitely sad to leave. Although on the last day I told B that I was too tired to be sad at all. Honestly, I just wanted the whole day to end. It's not fun to be homeless, but it's nice to finally move on...

Goodbye house!





No comments:
Post a Comment