Our Spring I swimming session just ended and the kids have accomplished so much. To think that in the beginning, Elina would take FOREVER to jump into the pool for a big jump and that she would never keep her head underwater for more than 1 second at a time....and now she loves to do a big jump and then swim back to the wall on her own,
she can take a breath and then continue her breaststroke,
and she can roll over to take a breath on her own and continue her "big arms" (freestyle).
When Eli started swimming, he wouldn't even put his eyes into the water! He still won't do the sit dive, but now he can actually do the breaststroke (or something resembling it) without the teacher holding him up! He only started doing this 2 weeks ago and the teacher and I were both floored when he did it. I mean, this is a kid who won't do a sit dive into the water by himself because he think he will sink. But for some reason, he's ok with doing the breaststroke solo. How bizarre...but awesome! Check him out!
These kids have come so far in 7 months. It's been amazing for me to watch the progression. Now they look forward to swimming and I actually have a good time while I'm watching them. Can't wait to see what Spring II brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment