Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Field Trip to the Zoo

Elina had her second school field trip last week. We got to go to the zoo and it was a wonderful visit. It was beautiful out and there weren't many people. We had a great time and saw lots of things we'd never seen before. The elephant was throwing sand all over himself...

and the Nile crocodiles were fighting over who could lay out in the sun. A lot of the zoo employees had cool creatures out for the kids to look at up-close. My favorite was the millipede. Elina was more impressed with the snake. It was quite the day!

Eli was a trooper because he walked the entire time we were there. I only brought the stroller for Evie, so he had no choice. By the end of the field trip, he was asking Elina's friends, "Can you hold me pweeeze?" It was so cute.

After 2 hours, the rest of Elina's class left, but we decided to stay longer. I had packed lunches, so we headed to the kids' area and ate lunch while we watched the monkeys. The kids and I stayed for another 2 hours, playing and looking at animals.

Of course, no day would be complete unless there was a mess involved. On our way out of the kids' area, Elina and Eli crossed this little water area, stepping on metal lily pads...and Eli slowly lost his balance and fell into the water. Luckily, only his feet landed in the water and it was the end of our zoo visit, so he didn't have to be uncomfortable for too long. I'm glad I stashed away an extra pair of shorts in the car, too.

Anyway, this visit reminded me why I love going to the zoo (in fall, winter, and spring). We'll definitely be back again soon!

No comments: