Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bitten

Recently, Eli got bitten by our neighbor's little boy. It's our friend's 2 year old kid, so it's not like we were upset or anything. Plus, in the little boy's defense, he had just witnessed his friend bite another kid the day before. So...I get where he's coming from. It's no excuse, but when they're that young, they love to copy what they see. I mean, I definitely still felt badly for Eli, but I understood why the event occurred.

Here is a picture of Eli's wound later that night. Man, that kid bit Eli pretty hard! It formed a welt in the shape of an open mouth.
And here is Eli conveying the story to us. His story is kinda all over the place, but essentially, what he says is, "[Boy's name] bite my arm and then Daddy closed the door and then I got hurt and then mosquito bite." (As I mentioned recently, we had been eating outdoors a few times, so Eli has had a lot of mosquito bites all over.) My favorite part is when we asked him, "What did Daddy say?" and Eli responds with, "Sorry." Actually, B had used his loud-upset voice and asked all the kids outside, "Who bit him?!?" But I guess Eli heard B say, "Sorry," instead.



I just hope that Eli doesn't learn to bite other kids....we'll see.

1 comment:

evil twin #2 said...

My mom likes to the tell the story about the time the boy next door bit my arm and how the next time I saw him I bit his face (probably after being encouraged by my uncle). I think we were about 3 or 4 at the time. Not too sure...