Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shorter Hair

Lately, Elina's hair has become difficult to manage. Nowadays she likes to wear her hair down all the time because she's under the impression that fancy hair has to be hair that is down. The problems are that (1) she gets excessively sweaty because of the warmer weather and (2) her vision is hindered because her hair gets all in her face. The combination of these 2 things makes for a messy, dirty-looking little girl.

Every once in awhile I'll ask Elina if she wants to have short hair. The typical response is, "No, because long hair is fancier." Then, a few days ago, she surprised me by agreeing to get a shorter hair 'do. (I told her that if her hair were shorter, then she could wear it down all the time.) I jumped at the chance, so I had J take her to get her haircut.

Doesn't it look adorable? It actually makes her fine hair look thicker. Now she gets to wear her hair down and I don't have to constantly brush the hair out of her face--a win-win situation!

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

WAY cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow...Elina you look so chic and sophisticated! Very pretty. You are growing up too fast kiddo.