Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Popsicle and A Blowout

Ok, so right after I posted about Evie pooping on me, she really let me have it! I was home by myself and she had a total blowout while sitting in the swing. (FYI, a blowout occurs when poop explodes from a diaper because it can no longer be contained.) I took Evie to the bathroom, laid her down, and opened up her onesie (a one-piece that has snaps on the bottom) to assess the damage. There was poop running all the way up her back. There was so much poop that it had gone through her onesie and gotten on the blanket that she was wrapped in. I realized that there was no way I could take off her onesie without getting poop all in her hair since the only way to take off a onesie is by pulling it over a baby's head. I wasn't really thinking and the only thing I could come up with was getting a pair of scissors and cutting the onesie open in the front so I could take off the onesie like a jacket. I know it sounds wasteful, but the only reason I did it was because this was just a plain ol' white onesie leftover from Elina (4 years ago), so I wasn't too sad to see it go. If it had a print on it or was brand new, then maybe I would've been more reluctant. Anyway, I gave Evie a bath and changed her clothes, but I left the blowout on the counter so that my mom could look at all the poop when she got home. I know that sounds nasty, but when you've just cut open a onesie, you kinda want someone else to take a look at the situation and reassure you that you did the right thing.

My mom (who has been helping me for the past 2 weeks) came home from the grocery store and I showed her what had happened. She couldn't believe I had destroyed a perfectly good onesie. She said she would've found a way to get that onesie off without getting the poop in Evie's hair (although I don't really see how). Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning my mom is because while she was looking at all the poop, she just happened to be eating a popsicle. After she saw that I had left the big blowout on the counter, she immediately grabbed the onesie and tossed it out (hence, no pictures for the blog). Then she grabbed the blanket, got some liquid detergent, and proceeded to stain treat the blanket in the sink with one hand--while she was still holding the popsicle in the other hand and eating it! It doesn't sound sanitary, but my point is that this woman does not get grossed out at all. Bodily fluids don't phase her...that's why we always told my mom she would've made a great nurse. I just thought it was funny that she was still eating the popsicle the entire time. Way to go, Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so that's where Aunt J gets it from. It's all so clear now.

For what it's worth i would've cut the clothes off too. I probably wouldn't have left it on the counter but I ain't judging even if it is totally nasty. :)

Jen Yao said...

hahah yup! i'm tough (and gross) just like my momma!