Friday, October 10, 2008

Dancing Queen

We signed Elina up for a dance class at a neighbor's house up the street from us. It's being taught by one of our neighbors (who's been dancing all her life) and the class consists of 7 girls who are all 2-3 years old. I've been wanting to sign Elina up for a dance class because, as many of you know, she LOVES to dance. Although her form of dancing is more of a "tribal dance," it still qualifies as dance to us. I've discovered that dance classes in real studios are expensive. I'm talking about $50 per month plus real dance shoes and stuff. We'd be willing to spend that kind of money if we could GUARANTEE that Elina would love the class--but with preschoolers, you never know. They love something today and then they hate it 2 days later. Trust me, it's really awesome.

So when K told me about this class, I was pretty excited that it's super close. Then I got even more excited when she told me it only cost $20 a month! Sign me up! I was in heaven...a dance class that was close by AND inexpensive. What a dream.

Elina had her first class this week. This is what she looked like right before we left. Adorable.

Posted by Picasa
I thought that Elina would love the class since a lot of her preschool friends are also in the class. Unfortunately, her nerves got the best of her and she sat out for half of the class. She just stood on the side observing. Classic Elina. She wouldn't even let me leave. I was going to run an errand during the 45 minute class, but I couldn't. Halfway through she was talking more and participating, so there is hope. I think for now I might have to stay for 1 or 2 more classes.

The class focuses more on creative movement since the kids are so young and it is such a great class. Both Elina and I are not real girly girls, but it was definitely cute to see all the girls dancing around in their leotards and skirts. They even learned how to curtsy at the end. How cute is that?? Like I said--adorable.

No comments: