Life has been really busy lately...and, honestly, I'm worn out. B says my body needs to get used to this transition period...picking up/dropping off kids at school, attending school functions, getting everything ready the night before, waking up earlier than the kids to get myself ready. It's only been 2 weeks and my body is TIRED!
This school year I made a resolution--right after the kids go to bed and we clean up the dishes and the house (which can take up to an hour), we immediately get everything ready for the next day. We cut up all the fruit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; make Elina's lunch; re-pack the diaper bag. I noticed that last year I was always saving the preparations until I was getting ready for bed. This would make me go to bed really late and I'd always be frantic.
The thing is, after you put your kids to bed, you really just want to reward yourself with some uninterrupted time on the computer, watching your own television shows, eating your own junky food, and getting your own things done. But now I tell myself that I can reward myself only after all the boring preparations are done. It's actually been quite helpful because I feel more ready the next day. I've also been going to bed a little earlier (mostly because I'm exhausted)...hence, I haven't been posting much these days.
So don't worry, I'll get back to posting a little more once this new schedule is under control, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment