Sunday, August 7, 2011

Carnival Conquest Cruise--Nassau

Our first port of call was Nassau, Bahamas...
...and we decided to go back to the water park at Atlantis.  Even though we just went in 2009...
 we loved it so much we had to go back!  Last time we went, Eli just started walking...this time Evie just started walking.  How funny!  Who knew we'd be lucky enough to go back to this great place so soon??
We spent the day playing in a few pools and going down some slides.  
At one of the kiddie pools, Elina and Eli were brave enough to try this tunnel slide...Elina loved it so much she went on it a million times.  Eli, on the other hand, came out of the slide crying because there was too much water in his face.
Everyone loved playing in the water...even Evie.

We also spent time relaxing in the best lazy river in the whole world!  Even the kids thought the lazy river was awesome.  It's not really "lazy" since it has these areas with waves and rapids...but it's a whole lot of fun!  I have to admit that I was a chicken for the slides.  I don't know...I think I'm becoming a scaredy cat as I get older.  Boo!  So we did a fun tube slide.  I don't mind tube slides (especially if you can use double tubes).
We also revisited The Dig...the huge aquariums at Atlantis.  The kids LOVE this place!  It's just amazing.  Check out the big manta ray about to eat me and my sisters in the top left picture in the collage below....
We discovered that our fave pool at Atlantis has to be the pool at The Cove.  The pool is huge...less crowded, less noisy, and less rowdy.  Needless to say, this is also the part of the Atlantis that costs more to stay at.  We hung out here the most and took lots of cool underwater pics.

While we had fun, Evie was a good little girl and decided to take a nap for us...
We were at Atlantis from 10am until about 6pm...what a long, but fun day in the sun!

Before I end the post...check out this pic of me and my sisters...the left one if from 2009 and the one on the right is 2011...how cool!  I have a pic Eli and Elina in the chair in 2009, but didn't think to stick them on the chair when we went this time because there are always people waiting to take pics in this chair...bummer!  Next time, I guess.

No comments: