Happy 4th of July to everyone!
I always feel bad about the 4th of July because I want to do lots of red, white and blue stuff, but it's also our wedding anniversary and it's also a week before Elina's birthday. It's a busy time and we always have to try our best to have the most fun with it.
B and I went out on Sunday to celebrate our 8th anniversary (J was nice enough to watch the kids for us). We went to dinner at Roaring Fork, a yummy restaurant that we totally love. I got their signature rotisserie chicken and it was seriously the best chicken I have ever eaten. I have never eaten chicken that melts in your mouth like this! Then we went to see the movie "Super 8," which we really enjoyed. It was a fun night and it was nice to get dressed up! Then today B bought me an Edible Arrangement with pineapples, chocolate-covered strawberries, and grapes. Yum! It was such a nice surprise because we had agreed not to get each other gifts. (I love that in the pictures below, I'm all dolled up in the left picture...and then in the next picture I'm in my apron! Wow!)
Then this morning we had star pancakes for breakfast...
and then we made some red, white and blue cakes...
We also had LW and her family over for some sundaes, pool time, and cakes. Then later in the day, we watched our wedding video (Thanks for the idea, KT!). The kids thought it was so much fun to pick out all the people they knew. After the video, Elina dressed up as a bride and told us that she was going to wear my wedding gown and necklace when she gets married....that definitely got me a little choked up. But then B told her that she wasn't going to get married for a long time. Way to bring us back to reality, B! Unfortunately, there were no fireworks to be seen in the San Antonio area this year due to extreme wildfire conditions...even Sea World and the military bases complied. Despite the lack of fireworks, it was still a great 4th of July with family and friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment