Elina has Show and Tell tomorrow so we've been trying to figure out what she should take to school. Usually you take something that is related to the letter of the week (which is G for this week) or the theme of the week (which is "giving").
First we suggested that Elina take her favorite game to school, but she didn't look too interested. Then we told her she could take gems to school...of course her face lit up! But then I was half-listening to her describe something else. I just caught bits and pieces...."it's yellow...it shoots...sticks to the windows and doors..." Then I finally turned to her and said, "Wait, what were you talking about again?" And she said, "Mommy, I can bring that gun....you know, G-U-N!"
J and I laughed so hard. It turns out Elina was talking about the NERF gun that we have. We don't even play with it that often these days. Plus, the kids don't even know how to operate it. Most of the times B just shoots at the kids from afar....they love it! I just thought it was funny that of all the things in the world that's what Elina thought to take to school for Show and Tell.
So, for those who are wondering, we have 5 gems packed in Elina's backpack for tomorrow. You know, G-E-M-S.
No comments:
Post a Comment