Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Fun Weekend...With Bronchitis on the Side

This past weekend B's parents came in for a short visit. The kids had a great time with them...shopping, going to the zoo, and just playing.


Right before they arrived Eli caught bronchitis, so when they arrived he was still recovering. The first day he was sick, it was terrible. He barely said a word for several hours and he kept throwing up from coughing so hard. He couldn't eat or drink a thing and all he could do was watch TV and sleep. It was so sad. After a doctor's visit, he had his 1st dose of antibiotics followed by a 2 hour nap and he already looked like a new boy! He was talking, playing, and eating. We were so relieved.

Then the following day I lost my voice and started getting really sick....a bad cough, congestion, non-stop runny nose, sinus pressure, and just sheer exhaustion. It was awful. Unfortunately, I was sick like that the whole time B's parents were in town, so I was not much of a hostess. Then on the 5th day of being sick (the day after B's parents left), I went to the doctor and I was told that I had bronchitis, too. After my first dose of antibiotics I already felt tons better...but what an awful 10 days leading up to Christmas!

Despite all the bouts with bronchitis, the kids still had a wonderful time with their grandparents! Elina even drew this adorable picture of her and her Halahbuji (Korean grandpa) when we went out for dinner...quite a resemblance, right?
We sure had a wonderful time!

No comments: