Monday, June 28, 2010

Please Don't Interrupt Me

When I'm talking on the phone or rocking the baby, Elina knows that she isn't supposed to interrupt me. Sometimes if I'm rocking the baby, she'll sneak in and whisper something to me. But she's always greeted with an evil eye, so she's learned to just leave me alone. (I know that sounds mean, but if you met my baby you would know how precious her nap time is to everyone.)

Nowadays, Elina has found another way to communicate with me if I'm busy. She writes me notes. (Pretty smart, right?) Since Elina is so young, we let her spell things the way she thinks they are spelled unless she specifically asks us the correct spelling. KL (a former kindergarten teacher) told me to do it this way because for now, we just want to encourage her to write--we don't want to keep correcting (and discouraging) her. So this makes for pretty funny notes (not that I tell her they are funny). Even though they aren't spelled properly and require some deciphering, I love seeing these notes because it reminds me how much Elina has grown and how much we've been through.

Below are 2 recent ones. See if you can decipher them!
(Answer: "Who are you talking to?" and "When you are done rocking the baby, take my pigtails out please.")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome...truly T-shirt screen print worthy.

Jen Yao said...

haha i love the picture she drew of her pigtails..like, in case you didnt understand