Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Choo-Choo!

Eli is officially obsessed with trains. He LOVES anything that has to do with trains. We taught him to say "choo-choo" for train since it was easier (and more fun) to say. He started enjoying Elina's Thomas the Train toys and then we got him some Thomas the Train sippy cups. Then whenever he saw trucks or buses, he would also call them "choo-choo." We got him to say "truck" and "bus," but in his excitement, he would usually revert back to "choo-choo." The thing is, we live in Texas where everyone drives a truck. So when I'm driving the car all I hear in back of me is "choo-choo!...choo-choo!...choo-choo!" It's driving me nuts!!! But slowly he's starting to differentiate between trains, trucks, and buses. Thank goodness.

Like I've previously posted, it's really amazing how many of the gender-specific toys are more because of nature rather than nurture. We never pushed trains onto Eli. He just discovered his own love for trains, tracks and Thomas. (He even says Thomas in his own special way...he calls him "Tom-Tom." ) Eli solely loves books that have big pictures of vehicles. I don't really have any books like this, so I had to borrow a whole bunch of Donald Crews books from the library. His books focus mainly on transportation. The pages of his books are filled with big, bright illustrations and minimal text. (I think this is the appealing aspect to Eli.) If you have a transportation lover (or a boy) in your home, you need to check out Crews' books. Eli is not the biggest fan of books, but he never willingly puts away Crews' book Freight Train. Right now, we're rotating through 2 of Donald Crews' books-Freight Train, Truck, and School Bus. Talk about a love for vehicles!

In the first video Eli's flipping through Freight Train while he holds onto Thomas.


This next video isn't anything big, but I just thought it was cute how excited he was to point to all the pictures in the train book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

warms my heart...things are as they should be.