We just got back from The Bahamas late last night. I am still recovering from the entire trip. It was lots of fun, but very tiring. Give me a few days or so to post about the trip. We have about 700 pictures to go through and we're also all very sleep-deprived, so I need some time to veg out and recuperate.
But here are a few things I learned on this trip (that I will elaborate on at a later time):
1. My children officially hate the beach. This is a big bummer since we were on AN ISLAND with beautiful beaches. I guess they are like me since I'm more of a pool girl myself.
2. My children cannot handle late night flights. We had to have a late flight back to San Antonio in order to get only 1 layover (which is a blessing for those traveling with children). Things got ugly on the plane because Elina was SO tired, but would not fall asleep. It didn't help that she got sick at the end of our stay.
3. Sharing a room with your 3 year old and 1 year old is not fun at all.
4. Paradise Island is actually not that warm at this time of year. I think it was warmer here in San Antonio than it was over there. It was pretty breezy most of the time and we got random, short rain showers for a few days. There was only 1 day that was hot enough that we stayed at the pool all morning and afternoon.
5. The Atlantis is FULL of rich people. I'm talking about filthy rich people who walk around in outfits from fashion magazines. I'm talking about moms who have the money to really, really take care of themselves...with their rockin' bodies and abnormally large breasts. I'm talking about grown men who tie sweaters around their necks. You get my drift. Filthy rich.
There's more, but this is what I can give you for now. My eyelids are burning and I need to head to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment