DOLPHINS: One of the special things we did was the shallow water dolphin encounter. Each room received 2 complimentary encounters, so that made it nice. It was me, my parents, and Elina. We got into wetsuits (Elina looked adorable) and went with our trainer, Mikel (kinda like "Miguel," but with a "k" sound). He was hilarious (more on that later). Our dolphin was Atlas and he did jumps right in front of us and "sang" to us. We also got time to hug and kiss him and take pictures with him. Mikel was so funny because he'd cheer people on to give Atlas kisses. Some people, like my mom (S), were really reluctant. So Mikel would sing, "Go, S! Go, S! Kiss him...c'mon, kiss him, S!" Then after my mom kissed the dolphin, Mikel said, "Ok, now, S, break it up. Break it up!"
Unfortunately, Elina did not have as great of a time. Since Atlas started out jumping and splashing, Elina was already scared. She didn't want to hug, kiss, or touch Atlas. SO sad since we mainly wanted to do this encounter for her. But I can understand her being frightened since this huge dolphin is jumping just about a foot away from her face. Of course, in typical Elina-fashion, she finally warmed up to the dolphin at the end for the final picture and she actually touched Atlas on the back. So I guess it was worth it.
AQUARIUMS:
The aquariums at Atlantis were seriously impressive. There were so many hidden in tunnels and caves. I'm not even sure we found all of them. What was more impressive was the type of marine life within the aquariums....reef sharks, nurse sharks, sea turtles, stingrays, manta rays, barracudas, sawfish, spiny lobster, lionfish. Our favorite place was The Dig. The exhibits in there totaled 2.7 million gallons of water. That's where we found the huge manta rays. It was so cool. Elina really loved being able to stand so close like she could touch the fish.
Ok, I think I've written enough about Atlantis. Sorry I've dragged it on for so long. There was just so much to report on. Now we can return to reality, right?
Unfortunately, Elina did not have as great of a time. Since Atlas started out jumping and splashing, Elina was already scared. She didn't want to hug, kiss, or touch Atlas. SO sad since we mainly wanted to do this encounter for her. But I can understand her being frightened since this huge dolphin is jumping just about a foot away from her face. Of course, in typical Elina-fashion, she finally warmed up to the dolphin at the end for the final picture and she actually touched Atlas on the back. So I guess it was worth it.
AQUARIUMS:
Ok, I think I've written enough about Atlantis. Sorry I've dragged it on for so long. There was just so much to report on. Now we can return to reality, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment