After brunch, I had to nurse Eli, so we headed to J's apartment. While I nursed, we let Elina watch "Lilo and Stitch" on tv.
Then we headed down to the wildflower center. The wildflowers were pretty, but it was kinda disappointing. The place was rather small and I think we expected more. This place is always on the "top 10 things to do in Austin," so we were expecting it to be bigger and better. It was a nice visit, but I don't think we'll ever really go back. It was too bad.
So we got home after a long day out. Eli was cranky because he didn't get any good naps in. We were all tired. That night we had this conversation with Elina:
Me: So, did you have fun today?
Elina: Yeah!
Me: What was your favorite part?
Me: What was your favorite part?
Elina: Ummmmmm...watching TV at J's house!
Are you kidding me?? After all our preparation, after a fancy (fancy = expensive) brunch at the Four Seasons, after a nice visit to see beautiful wildflowers, her favorite part was watching TV?? Basically, this experience just reinforced the whole idea that you don't need to run around everywhere and plan everything for kids to have some fun. Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment