Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Talking to Things

Elina's new thing these days is talking to strange objects. I don't mean her dolls or her Cuddlebunny--she's been talking to those for a LONG time now. I mean things like the sun, the wind, her tummy...things like that. Here are some "conversations" she has had:
  • [during a walk to get the mail] "Go away, sun! I can't see!"
  • [in the pool] "Stop blowing, wind. I want my buckets to stay!"
  • [getting over a stomach bug] "Go away, tummy! Stop hurting!"

The other thing Elina does is making dolls, stuffed animals, and Cuddlebunny move their body parts. For example, she'll ask Cuddlebunny, "Bunny, are you ready to go upstairs for naptime?" And then she'll make Cuddlebunny nod his head. Then she'll say, "Bunny is ready to go up!" She'll also make her dolls wave hi and give "high five." It's really cute.

No comments: