Naturally, we had already been thinking about Halloween costumes over the summer and we all thought of being Pokemon characters. This was perfect because then B and I could be Pokemon trainers or something. Easy peasy, right?
Elina definitely wanted to be Squirtle, Eli claimed Charzard, and Eulee said she wanted to be Bulbasaur. I figured Evie would claim Pikachu because she thinks he's so cute (we all do!)....nope! One day she says, "I want to be Patrick." Patrick?? Who is that?? She says, "You know...Patrick...the white dress that we have in the dress-ups." Ohhhhhhhhh! She wanted to be Cleopatra! Get it? CleoPATRICK! Hahahah! So cute! Over the summer, the Cleopatra dress had become her go-to dress when she and Eulee played dress-up....so much so that the bottom was all torn and there were dirty marks all over the bottom.
Well, how do you put Cleopatra in with a group of Pokemon characters?? It just doesn't work, folks. Another family costume idea down the drain! We made it work though...I decided to be Pikachu with the other kids. It was an easy costume because I wore a yellow tshirt and a Pikachu winter hat (figuring one of the kids can actually use it during the winter). Then B decided he could pair up with our little Cleopatra and be a pharaoh, so he wore black and we got him a nice headress.
Of course, Cleopatra isn't Cleopatra unless she has tons of eye makeup on. Evie was really into this. We put some glitter green on her eyelids and used an eyeliner to draw some lines by her eyes. She was in heaven! Evie asked, "When can I wear this to school?" Ha! B went all out for Halloween and put on some eyeliner of his own! He asked me, "Do you think I should put some on?" I wasn't even thinking of it, but I put it on him and he decided to "fix it up" himself! It turned out nicely! We took a picture together and I told him that he looked prettier than I did! Hahahaha!
In the end, we all looked pretty great together! You know, in a Pokemon-goes-to-Egypt kind of way.
We were so excited about Halloween being on a Saturday this year! We spent the day at AM's house...playing and relaxing. We ate our usual yummy chili and cornbread....then played with dry ice. Then we trick or treated for candy for a few hours before the rain hit. Such a wonderful day! And the kids didn't hit the hay until almost 11pm!
And the weekend before was supposed to be our annual Halloween campout with AM and his family, but the heavy rain ruined our plans. So we hung out all-day at our house doing our usual campout things--s'mores, carving pumpkins, decorating tshirts, eating outside. This was the first time Eli actually carved his own pumpkin and he worked so hard at it. We were so proud of him! It was another great day spent with great friends!
Evie also had her Halloween parade at school. She looked so cute! There happened to be 3 Princess Leias in her class, too...wow!
We had such a fun Halloween this year!














No comments:
Post a Comment