Wednesday, April 22, 2015

B is 35!

Last week my parents and J came into town to celebrate J and B's birthdays.  We all had a great time!  Lots of yummy food to eat...and lots of delicious cakes as well!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
We went out to eat a lot...as usual.  And I made a lemon curd icebox cake (our new favorite cake for summer) for B and a tiramisu cake for J.  They were both amazing!  

B's actual birthday was on a weekday, so it definitely wasn't as fun as it could be.  After school, we skipped dance and karate so that the kids could set up an elaborate scavenger hunt for B.  We had his favorite candies setup at different parts of the hunt, too.  He got Toblerone, Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish...and he also got some new shirts.  Elina came up with most of the clues and some of them were mind-boggling for B.  The clues were kind of evasive and mysterious.  It was hilarious!  So we got to the point where the kids had to just play Hot/Cold with B so that he could find the next clue.  Ha!  (I really love watching all the ducklings follow their dad around!)

I also had the kids make this really cute picture as a gift.  I cut out letters to spell out "We love you" and I took pictures of the kids holding different letters.  The picture in the end came out nicely, right?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That night we had a nice dinner with a movie.  (We watched "Paddington"...although it wasn't TRULY B's choice, it was excellent!)  Then we ended with a powdered donut cake!  The kids--and B--were all in heaven!  What a great ending!

We are all so thankful for B!  He's a great husband, a loving dad...what more could we ask for?  He always goes along with my "fun" (aka tiring) plans and never complains...he always tries his best to skip work to attend field trips...he loves to take the kids swimming and biking when I'm too tired for it...he always goes to Eulee in the middle of the night if she cries...he's pretty amazing!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Happy Birthday!!

No comments: