Saturday, July 27, 2013

Elina at 8

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Elina's stats--

Height: 46"
Weight 46 lbs

The nurse said that she's a pound per inch!  She's still in the 3rd percentile, but at least she's been on the same curve for awhile now.

Elina is really becoming such a big girl now that she's eight. I feel like she's finally understanding the concept of doing things for others and for the family.  I mean, she's always been helpful, but I think it was mainly because she wanted to follow the rules.  Now she helps me with lots of chores around the house without me even asking.  She's even started doing things that I've never even thought of asking her to do.  She started to clean and organize my shower after the kids all take a shower.  She also started to clean up my nightstand.  (Sad that my own space is messy enough that my 8 year old thinks it needs to be cleaned up!)  It's been so nice to get these little surprises from Elina.  She's learned to offer help and to ask if I need help.  It's been wonderful.  What am I going to do when school starts up again?  I'm gonna miss her helping hands!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Besides that, Elina is still a silly girl who can also be very literal and can also worry too much for her own good.  She has a lot of different sides to her, but she's still our sweet Elina.

Here are Elina's favorites now that she's 8--

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugFavorite animal: a turtle

Favorite color: green

Favorite activity: drawing

Favorite food: scallion pancakes

Favorite drink: strawberry milkshake

Favorite restaurant: Yummi Sushi

Favorite show: Wild Kratts (which I actually enjoy too because it's all about wild animals and they're "special powers")

Favorite movie: Ponyo (she thinks it's hilarious that Ponyo loves to eat ham!)

Favorite dinosaur: ankylosaurus

Favorite piece of clothing: ribbon shorts (she doesn't like wearing dresses or skirts anymore)

When I grow up, I want to be: an artist (Below are just some samples of Elina's recent work.  We think she'd be an amazing artist!)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We just love our 8 year old!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: