Monday, April 1, 2013

Event 1--Eli's Class Easter Party

I think I am officially done with holidays and celebrations for awhile.  Planning-wise, this past week was a celebration nightmare.  But when you consider the fun that was had, it was kinda worth it.  Last week I was hit with co-hosting Eli’s class Easter Party on Thursday, Evie’s birthday party on Saturday, and then Easter on Sunday. (More on the last two celebrations later...)

Of course, I wanted to make Eli’s class party a huge hit, so a month beforehand I had asked J to help me find fun potential Easter crafts and food.  She came up with a whole list and I picked what I liked.  It didn’t seem like it would take a long time to accomplish all of it…boy, was I wrong!  Here were the food things I wanted to do for the party—

Bunny sandwiches made of PBJ
An Easter Fruit Bowl
Bunny Tails, and 
Jello Eggs.


Sounds easy-peasy right??  What was I thinking??  

Then for the craft, I wanted to do a tape resist Easter egg with wet chalk.  This is really a great craft and all the kids went "ooooooh" and "ahhhhhh" when they saw their eggs after I took the painters' tape off.  
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I know what you're thinking.  Why did I want to do so much?  First of all, I can't resist cute pictures on the Internet.  Second of all, the people who post these pictures all claim everything is SO easy to make.  What they fail to mention is that if you have to do 6 things that "don't take a lot of time," then when you try to do them all at once, then it turns into "A LOT of time!"  Another lesson learned.  

I co-hosted the party with a dad from the class, so I ended up making all the things for the party and he ended up buying all the things for the party.  We ended up making a great team.  He had the time to run out to stores to pick things up.  I had the skill to make things at home.  

So as I was getting everything ready for the big party, I kept editing what I was making...because I began to realize there weren't enough hours in a day.  Instead of chick and bunny sandwiches, I just used cookie cutters to cut out a bunny shape for the ham and cheese sandwiches and a butterfly shape for the PBJ sandwiches.
Instead of a fruit bowl, I cut the fruit up really small so that I could scoop it into an ice cream cone for easy kiddie transport.  

Basically, B and I were up until about midnight on Wednesday night working on this party.  

BUT it was the cutest party and totally a lot of fun!  My items provided the cute, homemade factor that everyone loved...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

and the co-host's items provided the lavishness that the party needed.  He bought every kid a nice Easter basket filled with awesome things, tons of cascarones (confetti eggs), a bunny pinata, 150 filled Easter eggs for the egg hunt, and Subway sandwiches and Starbucks coffee for the parents.  See what I mean?  We made a great team!

Eli and Evie loved hitting the pinata.  Both of them were actually pretty good at it!

And Eli absolutely loved cracking the cascarones on his friends' heads.  It was such a fun mess!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

What an awesome Easter Party!

Now, onto Evie's birthday....

No comments: