This past weekend my parents came in for a visit. My mom's 60th birthday recently passed, so we wanted to do something special for her. A was out of town for a wedding, so it was up to me and J to come up with a plan.
On Saturday, I set up a spa day for her. She got a nice deep tissue massage and a fancy pedicure. My mom's standards are high and she expects a lot so I was nervous about sending her to my spa. But she ended up loving everything about it! I was so relieved--I mean, happy. =)
Then on Sunday, J and I took her out to a fancy brunch...just the 3 of us!
It was odd to not have a child to stare at, but it was wonderful to participate in adult conversation. Then we took my mom shopping wherever she wanted to go--minus all the eye-rolling, complaining, and sighing. She was ecstatic! Even though the rest of the crew tagged along at her last stop, she still ended up having a great time. The three of us even all wore stripes to match...because we're that dorky.
That night we had a yummy sushi dinner and followed it up with some ice cream cake at home.
We all had such a great time hanging out with my mom. She's funny, straightforward, and just so helpful but not too overbearing. Plus, she always cooks and cleans when she visits. Don't get me wrong though, the lady has her quirks...but for the most part she's pretty lovable. I've definitely learned to appreciate her more and more as I get older. Now I can understand why she does what she does (most of the time). I just hope that one day I can be as helpful to my kids as she has been to me. I hope my kids know that when I visit them while they still have young kids, I'll not only cook their favorite dishes, but I'll also do the laundry and scrub some toilets without being asked. That's what MY mom does...and she rocks!




1 comment:
Eulee looks like she heard a pretty funny joke!
Post a Comment