Another week has passed, and still no baby....
Life has been pretty uneventful thus far. Elina and Evie were a little under the weather last week...my parents came for a visit...Aunt A left for Taiwan for 2 weeks. I guess we had more time than I had thought to do things with the kids and to get things done around the house. I put up the kids' art gallery wall by the dining room...
B and my dad started working on the backyard. It's slowly coming together. It used to just be dirt, so we think it's lookin' pretty nice out there.
Most of the time, I'm still getting random contractions throughout the day, but sometimes I get really strong ones in the mornings. We had another "close call" a few days ago when I had strong contractions for 10 minutes at 5:45am. We got dressed and ready...then 30 minutes later we went back to bed. So now B doesn't really believe me anymore when I tell him I'm having contractions. He said that I shouldn't wake him and we shouldn't get ready unless I start feeling a second set of contractions early in the morning. I guess he's right....but sometimes the contractions hurt so much that I need to "share" the pain with him. I don't think he appreciates that anymore.
Now that it's getting closer and closer to our actual due date, we're coming up with theories as to why the baby is so "late." (My OB said that this may be the baby who will never want to leave my side once he/she is all grown up!) We're hoping that since this baby has had the most time in the womb, maybe he/she won't be as angry with the world...maybe he/she won't be as colicky. We can only hope, right? But let's not talk about it too much so we don't jinx things.
One of my main concerns is that this baby is going to be bigger than I can handle. Eli was our biggest baby at 6 pounds 3 ounces. I'm really hoping for a baby under 7 pounds.
My other main concern is that we're going to have this baby right before the start of school. I had really hoped that I could get the crazy, initial, just-got-home-from-the-hospital stage completely out of the way before school actually starts, but at this rate, it might happen literally a few days before the 1st day of school.
I guess it's out of my hands anyway, so fretting about it won't help matters. It is what it is. We thought that by the 4th baby we'd know what to expect, but this baby is really putting us in our places. Ha! We'll see how this next, final week goes.


No comments:
Post a Comment