So....you might all be wondering, "Where is baby #4?" Well, we are actually wondering the same exact thing!
Since all our kids were early (Elina at 38 weeks and both Eli and Evie at exactly 37 weeks), we were expecting #4 on August 1st (37 weeks). At my 36 week appointment I was already 2cm dilated and at 80%, so we've had our bags packed and everything ready and setup since July 26th.
But alas, we've been proven wrong. This baby's been so weird! Last week, starting on Monday (7/30), I woke up with strong contractions at 5am. B and I both got dressed and ate some breakfast...but then there were no more contractions, so I went back to bed. B agreed to work from home that day just in case anything happened...and nothing did.
Then for the rest of the week, I would wake up with contractions in the morning, but then it would amount to nothing. It's been frustrating because when I feel something I need to immediately get up and get ready to go just in case because things can progress so quickly with me. So every night I haven't been sleeping well because I'm plain uncomfortable...I end up falling asleep around 3am. Then I get woken up early in the morning with contractions (usually around 6am or so). It's been exhausting.
I don't know what's worse--having the newborn now and not sleeping well because of the nighttime feedings OR still being pregnant, but incredibly uncomfortable and not sleeping well. Oh well. It's not up to me anyway.
I've never had these fake, random contractions, so I don't know what's going on anymore. Sometimes it's just in the morning...sometimes it's all day...sometimes my tummy just feels tight all day. Who knows what's going on!
Lately, all I've been doing is taking it easy and hanging out with the kids a lot. It's actually been really really fun. I spend each day like it's my "last day" (before life is flipped upside down by a newborn). Instead of doing all the things on my to-do list, I spend my days playing with the kids and just hanging out. We play tons of board games, go swimming, cook lots of food, spend lots of family time together. It's been a real eye-opener. I even gave up on rushing to journal in Evie's baby scrapbook. I decided that I didn't want to spend all the free time I had left sitting in front of a computer journaling. And, I must say, it's been a wonderful decision!
So, for now, we have nothing to report. We'll see what this week brings. I guess every baby IS different!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking of you all week... good luck!
Post a Comment