Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day this year was quiet, but still wonderful.

First Elina and Eli both had Muffins for Moms at school.  I really enjoy Muffins for Moms mostly because I don't have to feed the kids breakfast.  But I also like that it takes place before school actually starts, so it's a quieter time of day that I can enjoy with the kids.

As class projects, Eli painted flowers and decorated a flower pot.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Elina gave me a necklace with her thumbprint in it and she also drew a portrait of me.  She wasn't satisfied with the portrait though because she said the eyes weren't drawn correctly.  I told her that it still looked great and that she got my hair right and my necklace looked exactly like my real one.  She said, "But, Mommy, the eyes are the most important part of a face because it shows who you really are."  Wow.  Obviously I couldn't win this argument.

Regardless, I still loved all my gifts!

For Mother's Day, my sisters were both in town.  I got a massage and a pedicure on Saturday.  Then I told everyone that all I wanted for Mother's Day was just time to catch up on my blog.  (Isn't it sad that this is what I wanted?)  My sisters helped me organize my craft closet, swept and mopped the floors for me, and watched the kids, so I had time to myself.  It was nice to finally catch up!

Then for dinner we all went to Roaring Fork together.  It was a loooooong 2 hour dinner (with kids), but still yummy and fun.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
What a great Mother's Day!  I always enjoy getting lots of love on this wonderful day!

No comments: