then he had the kids do some maneuvers, and he finished up with some safety tips.
For the maneuvers, the kids had to ride in a straight line in between 2 narrow lines.
Then the kids had to ride on a yellow line in a circle formation.
Finally, the kids had to weave in between orange cones.
Here is Elina with her certificate--
Elina did such a great job considering she just learned to ride on 2 wheels! Here was Elina's cheering section--

After the rodeo, we loaded up the kids and took them to a park to ride on a trail. The kids thought this was the most fun they've ever had. I think it was just fun for them to ride around with their friends.
I really wanted to ride with Elina, but since I'm pregnant, no one would allow me to join. Elina was so sad about it...."Mommy, it's my last bike hike and you're not coming!" I explained to her that since my belly is big, my balance is off and that I might fall off the bike and hurt the baby. She retorted, "But, Mommy, you're the shell that protects the baby so if you fall, the baby will be just fine." What about me?? In the end, she got to ride with all her friends so she didn't seem too sad.
Then we all had lunch at the park and the kids played together on the playground. It was a loooooong and tiring field trip, but it was so much fun for everyone! Even Evie wanted to participate!









No comments:
Post a Comment