We headed to the Fiesta Arts Fair again this year and had a great time, as usual. Elina loved bumping into lots of friends while we were there. Of course we spent most of our time in the Children's Garden doing crafts. This time Evie got to participate, too!
Elina and Eli's school also had Fiesta Week and every day was a special day....
Crazy Glasses Day
Funny Hat Day
Silly Socks Day...we just had Elina put on some mismatched socks, but I forgot to take a picture.
Crazy Hair Day...this year I put more thought into it and it came out pretty ok. I used the same website I used for Elina's Valentine's Day hair and found this cute way to make her hair look like a bow. I practiced it a few days ahead of time and I knew I would need extra time the morning of Crazy Hair Day. The most difficult part of this hair 'do was the middle part of the bow. It was hard to get it to lay down smoothly. In the end, the front part of the bow looked really cute, but the back of it (where the ends of the hair were) was slowly coming undone. That's why there are no pictures of her bow from the back! It was still a cute, crazy hair 'do for the day and she received many compliments at school.
Unfortunately, I put all my energy into thinking of Elina's crazy hair that I actually totally forgot about Eli's hair that day! So at the last minute, I just spiked his hair up...which he thought was pretty crazy, so I guess I won't mention anything to him.
Fiesta Parade
This year Elina's entire class worked on a 1st grade float that had the school symbols (a snail, a mushroom, a spider, and a butterfly). It was a beautiful float! They used paper mache and paint to decorate the whole thing. It was great.
Each child had different jobs for the parades (that took place on 2 separate days). Some of them held the Fiesta banner, some pulled the float, some tossed confetti to the crowd, and some played instruments. On the first day Elina got to pull the float. On the second day, Elina got to toss confetti.
Following the parade, the 1st grade class performed their Fiesta dance. Way cute! Eli and Evie are still doing the dance around the house these days.
After the dancing, all the kids got to chow down on some bean and cheese tacos and nachos. Yum!
Fiesta is such a fun time! Can't wait til next year!










No comments:
Post a Comment