Spring Break was nice and relaxing this year. We made it a point to not really plan anything. I told B that I wanted Spring Break to be exactly what it was supposed to be--a break. I needed a break from waking up at 6:30am before the kids wake up so that I can get myself ready first. I needed a break from rushing the kids out of the house to get to school on time. I needed a break from driving back and forth from school. I needed a break from making lunches. I just needed a break...and so did the kids. And it turned out to be a seriously enjoyable Spring Break.
There was only one day out of the whole week where we had to get out of the house by 9am...and that was just to go down the street to the St. Patrick's Day party.


On the other days we slept in, ate breakfast at 10am, relaxed in our pjs, had picnics in the backyard, played with friends, rode bikes and scooters until it was dark out, made crafts, and just had a grand ol' time. The biggest outings were hiking at Government Canyon on
Pi Day and then Morgan's Wonderland on
St. Patrick's Day. Elina's most exciting day was having a lunch date with B. B took Elina out to Madhatter's to have a tea party. She picked out fancy clothes for both of them to wear--a tie for B (he never wears ties!) and a fancy dress for herself (the dress she wore to Aunt M's dress rehearsal in Philly). It was a dream come true for Elina! Before the actual outing, she was telling everyone that her Daddy was going to take her on a date. It was cute and they both looked great!

B and I managed to get a lot of things done around the house as well--that's always a nice bonus. And it was nice for Elina and Eli to spend some more time together. Eli definitely misses having his big sis around on most days, so over the break they got to play a lot together. Siblings are definitely more fun to play with than parents sometimes.
It was sad to see the break come to an end. Elina and I both said that we wished Spring Break could last forever. Now it's back to the grind...but not for much longer. I know that summer is right around the corner. We can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment