Elina started reading a few months ago, but it wasn't until recently that Elina finally figured out that there are words everywhere and that she now has the ability to try to read them. Now Elina will read signs everywhere we go, she'll try to read books on her own, and she'll write sentences down on every single sheet of paper she can get her hands on.
What I love is all the little notes I find all over the house when I'm cleaning up. She still uses "creative spelling" for now, but that's part of the fun--deciphering what was written.
The first sentence is my favorite..."Once upon a time there was a little girl named Princess Elina." Like I said, she's very into fairy tales right now. Oh, and she's VERY VERY into putting colons in between every word.
Then she wrote about falling into a puddle. I think she asked me how to spell "puddle" so she spelled that correctly.
Then is the word "chocolate." She was writing down my ice cream order when she and L were "selling" ice cream at their "stand."
Then the last one is "Mom, I have a surprise." She left me this note after she had made my birthday card with B.
So now that she's writing everywhere, I'm going to start her on journaling in a notebook. I want to be able to keep all this stuff in one place and I think it'll be good for her.
1 comment:
Huh-ked on puh-honix wurk-ed for mee!
Post a Comment